Users of the QuickBooks Desktop application stumble across variegated error codes while updating their copy of QuickBooks. QuickBooks error code 557 is one such error in the accounting software that shows up when users go for the installation of the recent updates for the software. Furthermore, this error may also occur in case of wrong syntax or low disc space in your computer.
In this article we have come up with different methods for resolving QuickBooks Error 557. To ensure that the error gets wiped off from the system, users are advised to keenly pay heed to all the troubleshooting measures included in this article.
Major Causes that incite QuickBooks Error message 557
Go through the different causative factors below that may lead to QuickBooks Error code 557.
- An incomplete installation of the update for QuickBooks may provoke this error.
- Abrupt system shutdown may also be a principal reason behind this error.
- The system may be infected by a virus or malware attack, thereby affecting important QuickBooks files.
- Incorrect QuickBooks application settings may also provoke the error.
Different ways of troubleshooting Error 557 in QuickBooks
Let us now take you through the various solutions to fix this QuickBooks error.
1: Remove the file named ‘’EntitlementDataStore.ecml’’
- Press Windows + E to launch Windows File Explorer, then go to the “C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8″
- Locate the ecml file and right-click it.
- Choose Delete, then click the Yes button to confirm your choice.
- Launch QuickBooks and activate it by providing the product registration information when required.
- Install the payroll updates once more after installing the updates for QuickBooks Desktop.
2: Check if QuickBooks Subscription is Active or Expired
- Log in to your QuickBooks account through the QuickBooks CAMPs login page.
- Select the item you need to reactivate by going to the Manage your QuickBooks page.
- Select the Payroll Subscription tab under the Product & Services
- Under the blue toolbar, you can view the status of your payroll subscription.
- If the status of your payroll service is Cancelled, click the Resubscribe option and double-check the details on the following screen.
- Verify the accuracy of all the data in the Reactivate Subscription fields.
- After checking the billing and subscription information, click Save and Continue.
- After completing all of this, click Reactivate and then click on Got it after reactivation of the subscription.
- Try relaunching QuickBooks and updating the payroll to see if error 557 is fixed.
3: Opting for System Restore
- Use the Administrator user-name and password to log in to your computer.
- Select the Accessories tab, followed by System Tools. Herein, opt for the System Restore
- Choose a restore point you already created or one that was generated automatically now (The most recent one)
- Click Next and await the System Restore to begin.
- Restart Windows when System restoring is finished.
- Restart the QuickBooks software after the restore procedure is finished.
4: Go for a complete system scan
Users should go for a complete virus scan in their systems and remove/quarantine any virus-infected file in their systems. This will also take care of the QuickBooks Error 557 observed while updating the QuickBooks software.
5: Entering theQuickBooks Service Key
- Under this operation, you need to open QuickBooks and also head to the employees
- In addition, hit on the option my payroll services and next go for ,manage service key.
- Then you need to select the edit tab .
- Then choose add tab and hit the enter button on the service key.
- After that you need to hit on the next tab and also click on the finish
- After clicking on finish tab you are required to go for OK tab on the payroll update message.
- Ensure that the service status shows active and hit next
You may also read : 5 Rules for Making Good Lighting in A Room
Various measures for resolving QuickBooks Error code 557 listed above should be enough for you. However, if the error message related to such error still keeps showing up, then in that case, we suggest calling our QuickBooks payroll error support team through our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our team of certified experts will solve your problem with least hassle.